MIT Alternative School
Monrovia School of Integrated Technology (MIT) serves as an alternative high school option for current juniors and seniors at Monrovia High School. Located as a “school within a school” at the MHS building, MIT students attend school for three hours a day during a morning session or an afternoon session. MIT also includes a School to Work component for students who are employed.
MIT coursework is primarily based with online classes geared toward Mastery Learning and guided by current Indiana State Standards. Students who enroll in MIT will remain in the alternative school setting and do not return to enrollment at MHS. When students have completed all requirements for graduation they will receive an MHS diploma and can participate in the MHS graduation ceremony.
Students interested in applying to MIT should begin by printing and completing an Enrollment Application.
Applications are also available in the MHS Guidance Office. Completed applications should be returned to the MHS Guidance Office. A panel of MHS Administrators and Guidance Counselors will review each application and determine if alternative school is an appropriate placement based on each student’s individual need and circumstance. If the student is accepted into the program the MIT Coordinator will hold a meeting with each parent/guardian prior to the student attending MIT.
Contact MIT Alternative School
205 S. Chestnut Street
Monrovia, IN 46157
317-996-2123 Main Line
Erica Cozaciuc, MIT Instructional Assistant
- Application packet completed by student, parent and referral (if applicable) and turned in to guidance office. Applications are available here.
- Administration Team meeting to determine if applicant is eligible for MIT.
- MIT Administrator schedules Parent/Student meeting to discuss admission and expectations. Parent meeting must be held prior to admission.
- Students must be currently enrolled at MHS.
- Students will receive the same diploma and transcript as other MHS students.
- “One Way” ticket to MIT; student cannot re-enroll at MHS.