Welcome to Monrovia Middle!
pdf Click for Back to School News 2018-19
Hello Students, Parents, and Community Members!
We have had a wonderful first week of school and are off to a great start! We have a few pieces of information to share with you for the last few weeks of August.
* Fundraiser packets went home today! These forms and the money are due August 29th. We have awesome rewards for students who sell multiple items!
If a student sells 10 items he or she gets to go to Zip City for the day!
If a students sells 20 items he or she not only gets to visit Zip City, but they also get to travel to lunch in a limo
The Online School code is: 1878693
* Picture Day will be Friday, August 31st
This year we are "Daring" our students and staff to "Be...". Be Kind, Be Different, Be Bold, Be YOU! Each week we will focus on a quote or message that encourages our students to Be Brave, Be Unique, and that it's okay to Be Themselves. Please ask your child about these "dares" and talk about them together. We will post each week's quote or message on our Facebook page.
Mrs. McPherson and Mr. Tucker
We are located in Monrovia, Indiana which is approximately 20 miles southwest of Indianapolis. We are a growing community south of Interstate 70 on State Road 39.
Monrovia Middle School strives to prepare students to meet the challenges of today, to become productive citizens and life-long learners by providing an appropriate standards-based curriculum in a safe, supportive environment where students can achieve academic, social, and behavioral success.
We, as educators, pledge:
- Students will demonstrate excellence and proficiency in all curricular areas as outlined in the Indiana State Standards.
- Staff members will participate in a variety of strategies to increase professional skill thus promoting educational growth for themselves and their students.
- Staff members will engage in an aggressive campaign to increase the student body’s proficiency in the communication skills of reading and writing.
The beliefs of the faculty and staff of Monrovia Middle School are:
- We believe in the achievement of all students
- We study, share, and implement best practices effectively and with fidelity for the betterment of our students and staff
- We do what's best for kids all the time