Welcome to Monrovia Middle!
pdf Click for Back to School News 2018-19
pdf NEW! School Supply List
Parents and Guardians,
August is only a month away and I cannot believe how quickly our summer is going! We would like to share some important dates about the upcoming 2019-2020 school year!
August 1st, 2019 - Live Registration for all new to the district families or families needing online access will be from 1 pm - 7 pm in the Middle School Media Center. Please enter through Door 2.
August 5th, 2019 - Back to School Night for students and families! Students will be able to practice their locker combination, decorate their locker, walk their schedule, and meet their teachers from 5:30 pm - 7 pm. We will also have grade level presentations in the Performing Arts Center at the following times:
6th Grade - 5:30 pm
7th Grade - 6 pm
8th Grade - 6:30 pm
Please enter through Door 2
August 7th, 2019 - 1st day of school for students! Students will go directly to their Homeroom class (we will have these posted throughout the school and teachers will be in the hallways to assist) for schedules.
I am very excited about the amazing things to happen at Monrovia Middle School in 2019-2020! We will see you in August!
Monrovia Middle School
We are located in Monrovia, Indiana which is approximately 20 miles southwest of Indianapolis. We are a growing community south of Interstate 70 on State Road 39.
Monrovia Middle School strives to prepare students to meet the challenges of today, to become productive citizens and life-long learners by providing an appropriate standards-based curriculum in a safe, supportive environment where students can achieve academic, social, and behavioral success.
We, as educators, pledge:
- Students will demonstrate excellence and proficiency in all curricular areas as outlined in the Indiana State Standards.
- Staff members will participate in a variety of strategies to increase professional skill thus promoting educational growth for themselves and their students.
- Staff members will engage in an aggressive campaign to increase the student body’s proficiency in the communication skills of reading and writing.
The beliefs of the faculty and staff of Monrovia Middle School are:
- We believe in the achievement of all students
- We study, share, and implement best practices effectively and with fidelity for the betterment of our students and staff
- We do what's best for kids all the time
Parents of 8th graders,
The 2018-2019 21st Century Scholars Program offers income-eligible Hoosier students up to four years of paid tuition at an eligible Indiana college or university after they graduate from high school. This is a great opportunity for our 8th graders to start earning money for college now!
Twenty-First Century Scholars information
pdf Enrollment Information Flyer
pdf Enrollment Application Worksheet